The new “Piega” forged aluminum 5-spoke wheel incorporates the latest technology in every component, the most innovative aluminum alloy manufacturing and treatment processes, and all the experience of the last 15 years collaborating with the world’s top MotoGP & SBK Championship Teams.
All wheels are equipped with special oil seals to protect and increase the life of bearings. The sprocket carrier and its components are FEM (finite element method) designed from 7075 aluminum for strength and reduced weight for smoother operation, resulting in longer chain and sprocket life. The cush drive damper rubber is constructed out of a special proprietary compound developed for MotoGP, WSKB, and AMA.
OZ Motorbike wheels are available in black or gold anodized colors and require a special sprocket that can be purchased from 612Moto
- FEM (finite element method) designed to minimize weight and increase strength and rigidity.
- Reduced wheel weight decreases the moment of inertia which results in quicker acceleration and braking, lowers un-sprung weight and gyroscopic effect to provide quicker turn-in and more positive handling.
- Specially treated billet aluminum alloy is bi-directionally forged, resulting in a more uniform and stronger metal structure.
- Heat treating, shot peening and CNC finishing are done in house resulting in an extremely lightweight and rigid wheel.
- Dot and JWL approved for street use.
- OZ wheels are AMA homologated for racing and also used in World Super Bike, MotoGP 125, Moto2, British Super Bike, IDM German Superbike and Bol d'Or 24-hour endurance racing.
- Included parts: bearings, valve stems, axle spacers (as applicable) and sprocket adapter.