The Sport Touring World is Changing: Take the Road with ROADTEC 01.
ROADTEC 01 is the latest evolution in Metzeler touring tires. With a focus on enhancing grip on wet and low friction surfaces, increased mileage, and a high degree of adaptability to different motorcycles, riding styles, and conditions, the ROADTEC 01 provides modern solutions to past and future needs.
Increased Grip Across a Wide Range of Riding Environments: The employment of completely new tread design, enhancing mechanical grip coupled with compounds evolved from those of tests-winner ROADTEC Z8, allows for increased confidence and feeling while riding in any condition.
Extended Mileage and Performance Consistency: New profile (larger and shorter contact patch) in combination with improved compounds ensure extended performance and tire life. Tread design, specifically groove geometry and positioning, ensure long-lasting performance.
Enhanced Precision and Riding Comfort: Structural elements, the fine tuning and Metzeler Interact technology, promote adaptive and predictable behavior across a wide range of motorcycles and riding situations.
Extended Mileage and Performance Consistency:
- ROADTEC 01 features increased mileage (compared to ROADTEC Z8 M/O), obtained thanks to the profile, compounds, and structural elements.
- On the rear sizes, the shorter and larger contact works in conjunction with Metzeler patented Interact technology to provide three advantages:
- Reduces the rubbing effect which happens on the tire surface when the compound slips away from under the contact patch (brush effect).
- A shorter contact patch means that each point of the tread pattern remains in contact with the ground for a shorter distance at each rotation of the tire.
- Helps spreading the stress caused by the weight of the motorcycle and friction forces on a higher surface of the tire.
Enhanced Precision and Riding Comfort:
- ROADTEC 01 focuses on providing riding stability, comfort and handling on naked, sport and touring motorcycles. The employment of Metzeler patented Interact technology, involving a variable 0 steel belt tension layout, reduces movements and vibrations generated by the dynamic forces happening on a motorcycles. These solicitations come from the rider (setting a bend, braking and accelerating, moving the body on the seat..) and the ground (surfaces irregularities, patches, bumps, drains, stone paving...).
- To counter these movements, the tire structure has a tension peak close to mid-shoulder lean, enhancing precision when setting up the bend and reducing the movement of the front tire. A lower tension closer to the edge of the tire provides a certain degree of flexibility for the tread pattern to copy as much as possible the tarmac micro-asperities, thus increasing grip and contact feeling. A lower belt tension around the central part of the tire (compared to mid-shoulder area), in conjunction with tread design shaping and geometry, helps absorbing vibrations and bumps, conveying the stress towards the tire sidewall - delivering improved rider comfort.
Heavy Weight Motorcycles (HWM) Version:
- On these models, HWM version features increased stability by reducing both in intensity and duration the oscillations happening due to road irregularities or steering maneuvers. Distinguishable thanks to a "Weight" icon next to the product name on the tire sidewall, the increased stability is reached by employing a 2-ply carcass on HWM rear tires, where standard rear tires have only 1 ply.
- HWM front tire version has the same number of plies (2) as the standard version, and the target is achieved by employing stiffer carcass material and sidewall construction plus a slightly different compound recipe.